Many of us make resolutions. Many of us break these resolutions. Here are eight ways to ensure your resolutions fail.
1. Don't write your resolution down. Writing down your resolutions makes them concrete and gives them substance. If your resolutions remain abstract you can ignore them far more easily.
2. Keep your resolution to yourself. Other people can provide accountability, support, feedback and encouragement. So to ensure failure, work toward your goals alone.
3. Think about what you want to accomplish but don't think about all the steps it will take to get there. Just plan on going from start to finish by skipping all that obnoxious space in between.
4. Underestimate the degree of difficulty and work required to reach your goals. Reaching your goals should be easy and simple.
5. Don't bother altering your schedule or making plans. Schedules are a drag to change.
6. Cut corners, then rationalize. Shortcuts are far more efficient. After taking the shortcut, just convince yourself that doing things the right way is stupid.
7. Let a slip become a fall and a fall become a failure.
8. Be lazy. Resolutions shouldn't require effort anyway.
If you follow each of these steps your resolutions are sure to fail. Good Luck!